Cluniac Priory founded in 952. The Church was built between the end of the 10th and the 12th century. In the 15th century, restoration of the portal. Between 1767 and 1790, the residential building is reconstructed. The revolution, the buildings were sold as property national and transformed into homes, apart from the Church become a parish. Between 1825 and 1827, the Bell Tower was rebuilt. The Tower dates from the 14th century and has retained most of its old holes. It is adorned with painted decor of the 17th century which attests to the religious vocation of the construction. This decoration was completed in the 18th century by a fireplace with Rocaille motifs on the pier which was painted around 1820 a cartoonish character.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Piala (Old Priory, ris)
Old Priory, Cluniac Priory founded in 952. The Church was built between the end of the 10th and the 12th century. In the 15th century, restoration of the portal. Between (...) Old Priory, French Heritage monument to Risris, puy de dome
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.