Farm, located in the village, French Heritage monument to Affoux
AFFOUX (Affo, Afou, Affoux), according the etymologists, gets its name from afféager, qualify in fief, or gather, cutting in a wood.
Annex to Violay, Néronde Archpriest, the election of Villefranche, spring of the sénéchaussée of Lyon, Affoux was submitted, before the Revolution, justice of Joux-sur-Tarare. The parish priest was the snack of the prior of Montrottier.
Name of Affoux is mentioned for the first time in a Charter of the CARTULARY of Savigny Abbey, around the year 1000 about.
At this time the Church was placed under the protection of the castle that the Abbots of Savigny had to raise to Saint-Martin-de-Periculis (Montrottier). .
There remains nothing of the former building religious as a carved stone embedded in a building inside the village.
Reported that in the middle age, many pilgrims traveled in the parish Chapel to heal the fear.
Affoux was erected as a barony at the beginning of the 16th century. It was in 1704 to Mr. de Villeneuve, baron de Joux; in 1720, Alexandre de Villeneuve, husband of Marie-Nicole Bouchez de Beauregard; in 1764, Jean-Joseph de Villeneuve, joined the family of Pomey.
In 1539, Antoine de Salemard and Audibert of the River were co-Lords of the fief of the Colonge.
In 1705, the family of the river still had Affoux representatives. An old parish register tells us, in effect, that ' the last of March which was the day and feast of Pentecost, the Lord of the River, with Madam» attended the offices and the preacher touched so the audience «that everyone gemissoit».
An another fief, Brouilly, gave its name to a family of which we find traces in the 12th century.
In 1769, the register of the parish was signed by Roland the Platière.
Source: Illustrated dictionary of the communes of the Rhône Department. by Mr e. Rolland and d. Clouzet
Crédit photo : Dominique Robert (Farm, located in the village, affoux)
Farm, located in the village, Together form a quadrangle around a courtyard closed by the House, the barn, the chapter, annexes farm buildings and a wall of separation from the public road. (...) Farm, located in the village, French Heritage monument to Affoux affoux, rhone
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.