Castle of Rochefort, French Heritage monument to Amplepuis
Former parish of Beaujolais, AMPLEPUIS (Amplusputeus or Amplum Podium) depended on the Archpriest of Roanne and the election of Villefranche. The Castro of the Abbey of Savigny was the cure.
The name of this town appears for the first time in 1086. At that time Fredeland (Hugo Fredelannus) gave to the Abbey of Savigny a church built to Amplepuis and dedicated to the Virgin.
An important castle had its headquarters in the parish. It would have belonged to the Lords of Beaujeu. From the 12th century, Humbert de Beaujeu had bought a named Josserand Calverie and Pierre de Montroton part tithes to Amplepuis. In 1345 the castle was sold in usufruct, Guillaume de Beaujeu.
The chapel of Saint Roch
By way of succession, it became the property of Ludovic de Gonzaga, Duke of Nevers, who in 1578, ceded its lands, Lordships and justices Taylor and Claude de Rebe Amplepuis. This last sold a portion to the Lord of Auxerre, first president at the Parliament of Toulouse. Finally in the 18th century, the Castellan domain passed to the marquis de Sauzey, who kept it until the Revolution, except a parcel acquired by Mr. de Pomey, Lord of Rochefort.
Amplepuis had six fiefs: Rebe, Rochefort, Bregades, Montagny and Montchervet, Lamin.
Rebe belonged successively to: Hugues de Rebe (1080); Robin Hayward (1374); Antoine de Merle (1446); Jean de Faverges, son-in-law of Antoine de Merle; François de Rebe; an another François de Rebe in 1539. In 1635, "Hans and powerful Lord master Philibert de Rebe, baron of Amplepuis, was in the army in the siege of Genoa. In 1675, the fief of Rebe was erected as a marquisate.
The Lords of Rochefort were: Guichard Sarron in 1460; Anne from the sea, in 1539; Claude de Rebe which 1557, founded a school in the village of Amplepuis; Stone of Auxerre, in 1579; Benoit Pomey, in 1606; of Pomey, in 1789. The seigneurie de Rochefort included 'the Savages' where was justice.
Those of Bregades, Antoine Marchand, in 1539; in the following century, the of the Colonge.
Montagny gave its name to a family that is cited in the 11th and 16th centuries. In 1578 he was United with the marquisate of Rebe.
Montchervet, after having been the property of Pierre de Vicarty, in 1540, spent Pomey family.
The fief of gout belonged, in 1520, to Lancelot's March; It was then sold to Lord of Beaujeu-Lignière, then to the family of Rebe, Pomey Briand, in 1593, Jean de Pomey, then Sr Guillard and Mr. Tricaud.
Amplepuis cure, in 1364, was burnt by the Tards-Venus.
The city itself was sacked by protestants during the wars of religion of the 16th century.
Reading the parish registers of Amplepuis reveals some curious details:
"And is notandum that three women have made six enfens in ceste parish, in one month», August 1617.
March 22, 1659, "Michael Mann, roy regular engineer, architect of its bastimants, voyeur of the city of Lyon", was sponsor of the sons 'of genuine Humbert Aynez, mestre Villefranche architect".
In 1709, the winter was so rigorous ' that man alive had seen a similar... the day of the Kings, Sunday evening, arose after the rain so rigorous that nobody bize do was resist for three weeks, gela cold increasing day to another, without almost point of Sanjoy, the Earth three feet deep, the trees crack.etc..
In 1791 "extreme fermentation was excited to Amplepuis, says a contemporary document, by the non conformists priests and partly caused by the removal of the sieur Cortey, former priest and Mayor of the said place."
It was necessary to appeal to the troops to ensure the security of the citizens and the city was occupied by a detachment of the regiment of Sonnenberg.
Thimonnier, the inventor of the sewing machine, died in poverty, to Amplepuis, on August 5, 1857.
Source: Illustrated dictionary of the communes of the Rhône Department. by Mr e. Rolland and d. Clouzet
(Castle of Rochefort, amplepuis)
Castle of Rochefort, « Castle of Rochefort » is a construction of the city of Amplepuis (France, Rhone). Castle of Rochefort, French Heritage monument to Amplepuis amplepuis, rhone
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Château de Rochefort, amplepuis
Description of this building by Dominique Robert :
Château de Rochefort, Amplepuis (Rhône)
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.