Castle of Vallières, French Heritage monument to St georges de reneins
From the outset, St.-GEORG-ES-DE-RENEINS acquired a certain importance, due to its location near the Vauxonne, on the road from Lyon to Paris.
The first Lords were the Lords of Beaujeu.
« In the year 967, Humbert de Beaujeu gave Mayeul, Abbot of Cluny, a chapel dedicated to Saint-Georges, located in the country of Lyon, at the village of Renins, with a farmhouse where a named Girard inhabited and two seiterees of land for the maintenance of the parihar what they mettroient to the port (which is port of Biviere).»
In 1195 'Bonens' is mentioned in the first testament of Guichard IV of Beaujeu.
Various gifts to the Church or to the hospital, in the 13th and 16th centuries provide different spellings of Saint-Georges: Rogneins, Beneins, Renins, Ronnens, Renain, Reoignain, etc.
M, Beaujeu replied the Duke of Burgundy the fiefs that he held him in 1326. It had added Saint-Georges-de-Reneins, from 1317.
Saint-Georges, who was parish of the diocese of Lyon and the collation of the Abbot of Cluny, depended on the justice of the Châtellenie of Villefranche.
In 1400, he escaped to the Lords of Beaujeu, as also all their other possessions.
" Alleged that Édouard de Beaujeu, degenerating of the virtue of his ancestors, was thrown for a long time in debauchery, and that he publicly took a daughter of good and honest family of Villefranche; that the parents of this girl took their complaint to the King, and the parlement of Paris to which belonged the Beaujollois share of the Kingdom, where the abduction had been committed, took knowledge of the crime and sent a bailiff to adjourn this Lord..., that the meaning of this adjournment brought this prince in a great anger against the boldness of the bailiffthat it forced him to eat the judgment with its seal and the meaning, and that he did then throw out the Windows of the castle of Pouilly, where this Act was served on him. "
" Alleged that for repair of the abduction, he was obliged to give the seigneury of Saint-Georges-de-Beneins to the sieur de la Bessée, father of the girl. However Louvet which thereby said subsequently that Veran la Bessée had acquired this justice of François Ier, in 1537, which makes me doubt the first fact that he had advanced, because Louvet says point how this land was returned to Mr. de Beaujollois, and how they the auroient removed from Mr. de la Bessée, so François Ier could resell it to one of the parents of this girlnearly 130 years after the abduction. "
Édouard de Beaujeu, as he was too happy to buy his grace by the abandonment of all possessions to Louis II de Bourbon.
The men of the Lords of Plymouth were required to help the inhabitants of Villefranche to watch and to repair the fortifications.
« Belleville, said Ogier, believed having to claim such assistance and claimed that the inhabitants of Saint-Georges, whose homes were in the North of the Vauxonne owed the same service they rendered to the people of Villefranche.»
After lengthy debate, this claim was rejected.
In 1574, a gascon nobleman, sieur de the Arthuisie, attached to the House of Tavannes, bought the seigneury of Saint-Georges to the King of France.
Sixteen years later, Henri IV ceded to ' Mre Antoine Guillermin, Knight of the order of the King, Lord of Arthuisie, justice of the parish of Saint-Georges-de-Reneins, as sieur de Arthuisie souhoitoit because it y had his house and that his ancestors had had this justice by commitment. ''
« But the Arthuisie Sr who had promised to leave the League and return some cities to Henri IV.n' having not carried out its promise, the contract of assignment of the justice of Saint-Georges for the Arthuisie Sr was not.»
At this time Belleville claiming Rogneins 'as part of his clear, a fairly serious jurisdictional dispute arose between her and Villefranche. A judgment of Parliament rejected the claims of Belleville.
« In 1592, the widow of Antoine de Guillelmon, sister of the Arthuisie, sold the parish of Saint-Georges to the Duke of Montpensier, who immediately established a justice and a Squire to which was entrusted the first information. Defences were made to residents to appeal now to Villefranche as also to Belleville officers exercising no jurisdiction over Saint-Georges in the future.
"C. 1601, the Castellan, François Mabiez, resigned his office to Jean Bottu fasting."
Over time, the rights of justice is subdivided into three parts: the main, with the Bell Tower, apppartenait to the Duke of Orléans, as Lord of the Beaujolais. the second was to Mr. de Monspey, comte de la Vallière and included the mas de Bussy, Chaffrey, Gandoger, etc.; Finally, the third was Marsangue, which was Lord Mr. of Espinay de Laye.
During the French Revolution, Saint-Georges took the name of Plymouth-aux-Sables and was attached to the canton of Villefranche.
A few mansions, seat of the former strongholds, are still in the vicinity of the village.
These fiefs were seven:
Bussy, Laye, Marsangue, Montchervet, Marze, Vallières and Boistrait.
Bussy. In 1339, Mr. de Beaujeu gave "30 pounds of Philippe de Bussy fief annuity that he promised assign on land in the empire, i.e. in this sovereignty, which Philippe de Bussy promised to serve our prince in tournaments against all comers and war against all except the Emperor, the County and Louis of Savoy.
" I believe that our prince could not find a convenient land in Dombes to assign these 30 pounds of Philippe de Bussy annuity, he gave to the Lord the Bussy fief, located in the parish of Saint-Georges-de-Reneins, and it is him that this fief took its name. "
" In 1539, said the Tony, Bussy belonged to Claude de Angurajan, sieur de the Martiziere and mill - le-Comte, judge calls of Beaujolais, which gave the count of his fief on 27 January of the same year. Heirs sold it to 1645, Noël Mignot, Squire, who took the name and whose descendants still possessed it in 1789. "
Laye gave its name to an illustrious and powerful House, off in the 16th century, after owning, for nearly four hundred years, the most beautiful Lordships in Beaujolais and Dombes in Burgundy.
In 1260, Hugues de Thelis was this fee which, in 1450, the family of Nagu-Varennes. Philibert of Nagu gave count 25 February 1539. April 11, 1601, François de Nagu passed a proxy to the Duke of Montpensier the faith and homage of his lands and fiefs. In 1653, Alexander of Nagu, Canon Lyon County, sold to Antoine Perrachon, baron de Senozan, the land of Laye. The mid-18th century, it was acquired by L'espinay (Despiney) family who kept it until 1789.
Marsangue long belonged to the family Retis, originally from Lucca, came in France, during the reign of François Ier.
In 1580, Jean de Retis was Lord of this fief that Zechariah, son, transmit to Caesar of Retis, particular lieutenant, assessor at the Bailiwick of Beaujolais, in 1605. From the hands of Gabriel of Retis he went to those of Mr. of the Chaize d'Aix (1698), and Rombaud (1740).
At that time, Marsangue, and Champrenard, were gathered in the seigneury of Laye, while remaining the seat of the seigneurial justice. In the Castle were, in fact, prisons and the justice of Laye-L'espinay.
The fief of Montchervet belonged to the 15th century, Claude Agnot, Esquire, that his wife Catherine de Montchervet. In 1649, Marie de Montchervet, sole heiress of the Montchervet Agno, brought it as a dowry to her husband who sold it to Jean Bottu of the Barmondiere. Monspey family then purchased and kept until 1789.
In 1541, Marze belonged to Jacques de Rosset, that found 5,984,072 it 23 August of the same year.
Nanton Jean, sieur de Chaintré, Mâconnais, went recipient of this stronghold, which was sold by Decree, in 1548, Jean Gay, lawyer at the Parliament.
The fief of Vallières, long owned by the family of the Arthuisie, was given, around 1640, with the last heir of this name to a member of the David family, whose daughter married Louis de Monspey, in 1652.
Boistrait, formerly known as the Stallion barn, belonged very long, said the Tony, the Banda, former in Beaujolais, André Baudet, Squire family, master accounts was Lord, in 1476. Philibert, son, being childless, instituted by his testament of 26 November 1519, for his Jacques de Mareschal, Lord of Senozan heir, his brother-in-law. It had only a daughter, Françoise, who married Jean Chevrières Mitte. Their descendants sold the fief of Boistrait to the bass family, who kept it pretty long time. In 1670, this fief passed to the family of Villoniere. The last heiress brought it towards the end of the 18th century to Mr. de Brévannes.
It is near Saint-Georges, instead of the Tournelles, on April 18, 1814, Augereau supported a fight desperate against the Austrian troops of the prince of Hesse.
Inferior in number, the French suffered heavy casualties but were able to withdraw in good order on Lyon.
In 1853, near the same place, the construction of the railway line brought the discovery of an ancient Gallo-Roman city. The medals were found in the excavations testify that this small city was destroyed the year a.d. 250.
A chapel, situated not far from the Church and called Notre-Dame des Eaux, was once a place of pilgrimage in the time of drought.
Source: Dictionary illustrated of the communes of the Department of the Rhone by Messrs. e. Rolland and D. Clouzet.
Crédit photo : Dominique Robert (Castle of Vallières, st georges de reneins)
Castle of Vallières, « Castle of Vallières » is a construction of the city of St georges de reneins (France, Rhone). Castle of Vallières, French Heritage monument to St georges de reneins st georges de reneins, rhone
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by Dominique Robert :
Saint Georges de Reneins, château de Vallière.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.