The current commune is composed of the two old parishes of Notre-Dame and the St. Lawrence d' Envermeu and two small annexees communes. Envermeu become for a few years an archaeological place extremely has re-elected, was always a rather important historical point, especially at the franque period.
The borough was cross-piece by the Roman way going from Dieppe has Beauvais, by Epinay, Holy-Beuve and the valley of Eaulne. About 1832, by making the secondary road n? 5, which goes from Dieppe has Beauvais, one found there a certain number of tiles and Roman potteries. Mr. Guilmeth tells that in 1836 one gave to him of the copper coins of Neron, Faustine, Anlonin and Convenient which had been trouvees with theDangerous one. Mr. Feret, of Dieppe, ensures to have recognized Roman walls out of small apparatus chains bricks on the site of old the prioress of the St. Lawrence, locates on the edge of Eaulne. In a pre place between Eaulne and the secondary road is a hillock calls Catel, which perhaps formed part of the old castle of Envermeu, whose lords have cheek a so great role at the time Norman.
One of the seniors of the archidiacone of Have. Its name appears in VIIIe century. The Chronicle of Fontenelle calls it Edremou, into 374; this name is to him preserve, about 1030, in a charter of Robert Ier, with the cathedral of Rouen. In XIe ciecle in XIIe century, Vital Orderic said Ebremou and Ebretmou. The frank monument most important of Envermeu is its cemetery merovingien, discovered in 1850 in the Field of the tomb and explores by Mr. the Cochet abbot during nine consecutive years. This cemetery, which did not contain less than eight hundred pits or burials, provided for the museum of Rouen and the collections of Paris, of Caen, of Le Havre and Dieppe a considerable quantity of vases of ground, glass and bronze; iron weapons, in particular of the knives, daggers, sabres, francisques axes, lances, arrows, swords, let us angons and of the shields; Gallic, Roman and franques currencies, out of gold, money and bronze; stone coffins; objects of ornament and silver, bronze, iron ustensils and gold, out of glass, email, have amber or out of flint: among the ornaments, hairpins, of the styles has to write, of the earrings, the rings, the bracelets, the collars, the fibules, the loops, fasten, the needles, the scissors, the purses or aumonieres. Among the ustensils appeared of the boxes, of the paleres, the buckets or buckets, the stones has to sharpen or has to beat fire, of poelons, the keys, the chains, the gimlets, the shells, the spurs, the bits of horses with the skeletons of these animals. (See on these excavations and these discoveries a great number of works and collections, among which the Review of Rouen, monumental Rulletin, Memories of the Company det antique dealers of Normandy, the Review of the Christian art, the Precis of the Academy of Rouen, etc)!
The Middle Ages
Prioress of the St. Lawrence, founds in XIe century by the lords of the manor of Envermeu and joined together by them with the abbey of the Nozzle-Hellouin, of which there remain nothing any more but some remains, which form part of a farm today. The vault was demolished about 1816. It is ensured that in the foundations of the prioress, close to the river, one had recognized Roman constructions.
Church of Notre-Dame
Plan in cross, has troix naves; beautiful stone monument entirely built in XVIe century and in the ogival style blazing. The bell-tower, which forms a square tower placee with the northern angle of the gate, is built out of sandstone at the base, in piecre of size at the upper part; one notices there beautiful windows and the statues of Pierre saint, Paul saint, Jean saint and Andre saint. An arrow of elegant slate and fine crown this beautiful tower. The three naves have remarkable vaults by their keys. The chorus is admirably carves outwards; it ends in seven beautiful and elegant lancets. Under the transepts of this church one counts ten tumulary inscriptions or obituaires, in prose and worms, of XVIe century. Stoup hones sculptee of it: cross of cemetery of the Rebirth: tumulary flagstone of XVIe century representing a knight, encastree in the wall in 1856; this flagstone comes from the church supprimee of Inerville.
Old castle of Envermeu
The castle of the lords d' Envermeu, if powerful in XIe century, was locates at the edge of Eaulne, and there remains about it today only one mound appelee Catel.
envermeu, French city Department of seine maritime with 1 historical site listed or simply studied for their remarkable character.
Our database currently includes 1 elements for heritage envermeu. You will find the menu and footer links leading you on the description sheets.
There are 0 localitie (Place called, location known as) in Envermeu :
listed building (classified and protected) in Envermeu
Monument in Envermeu, Envermeu has 1 building protected. Include :
- Eglise official reference : PA00100641
Statistics for EnvermeuTown or city : envermeu
Postcode of city : 76630
Insee code : 76235
Latitude : 49.923664
path : 5
dead : 4
place : 2
st : 44
« Church » is a construction of the city of Envermeu (France, Seine maritime). Church, French Heritage monument to Envermeu