Parish church Notre-Dame - de - L'Assomption, French Heritage monument to Assevillers
The building, in stone and hard rubble of St-Maximin, has lintels in reinforced concrete as well as reinforced concrete arches and brick-clad. Apparatus in Picardy knives. Arch barrel broken glasses exposed brick Vault arches. The old church of Assevillers is, at the time of its construction, in the 15th century, a schedule under the dependence of the neighbouring parish of Fay. It has stained-glass Windows in the 16th century. The population is increasing, it is enlarged in the 17th century. It is built in-branch in 1871. The building is rubble and stone frames and bays in pierre coronation, with arched gateway, vaulted in plaster on lath, roof 2 long half-timbered, and framed on the apse, Slate, Bell Tower square, arrow hipped. This building was destroyed during the Franco-British offensive of 1916. The expertise of war damage is entrusted to the architect Louis Duthoit (quote description and estimated January 1921) which subsequently signed the reconstruction project and realize. His descriptions, estimated and these drawings in 1925 still refer to a 'identical project, same surface' that the earlier building, while those for June 1926 relate to the modern project actually achieved. The municipality adheres to the company Cooperative of Reconstruction of churches devastated the Diocese of Amiens. The realization of the work is attributed to the company General Maurice Péchin, of Curchy (minutes of auction January 1928). The decor and furnishings are made from 1929 to 1931 by the following authors: Anne Marie Roux, sculptor in Paris (the tympanum sculpture)
* Gaudin Jean, glassmaker in Paris (stained glass, mosaics and coloured mortars projected)
* Brieux Raoul, Carpenter in Amiens (furniture)
* Brown Marcel, statuary in Orleans (way of the cross in plaster)
* Sweat Marcel, marble in Amiens (altars, baptismal font). The building was inaugurated on 15 September 1929. A Neolithic polisher says 'sandstone Saint-Martin' is kept in front of the Church on a garden space.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : assevillers (parish church Notre-Dame - de - L'Assomption, assevillers)
parish church Notre-Dame - de - L'Assomption, The building, in stone and hard rubble of St-Maximin, has lintels in reinforced concrete as well as reinforced concrete arches and brick-clad. Apparatus in (...) Parish church Notre-Dame - de - L'Assomption, French Heritage monument to Assevillers assevillers, somme
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Picardie5, rue Henri Daussy 80044 Amiens Cedex - 03.22.97.33.73
Men involved in this construction
- Duthoit louis (in French) architecte
- Roux anne marie (in French) sculpteur
- Marron marcel (in French) sculpteur
- Péchin maurice (in French) entrepreneur
- Sueur marcel (in French) marbrier
- Gaudin jean (in French) maître verrier
- Brieux raoul (in French) menuisier
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by assevillers :
Architecte Louis Duthoit
patrimoine du XXe siècle
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.