Castle of Lézignac to Graulhet

Candeil Abbey possessed fiefs in Puybegon jurisdiction, and leases to farm several times between 1253 and 1435, are mentioned in its archives. These fiefs were Cristina, the MAS of the greenhouse Lamcade, at Pech-Mirai, Cantoloup, parish of our Lady of tears, and Sainte-Cécile-de-Mauribal; These, under an arbitration award of 1296 between the Abbot Bernard Saquet and the daughter of the Viscount of Lautrec. According to a survey in the last century, they had a capacity of 405 setiers.

Religious bought property in arched in 1231-1260, and gave them to cens to various individuals. They were also in Saint-Gauzens, that they were recognized in 1618. Their possessions in Graulhet were very considerable, and consisted in the field of Lésignac with Castle and mill, in fiefs whose a general statement was made in 1616 and 1618, and half of the mill at Labressole, following the recognition that in was given in Antoine Duprat, cardinal Bishop of Albi and Abbot of Candeil, under the 3 wheat setiers cens6 payable to the MI-Carême, and a demi-obole eel with acapte and rear - gold picks up.

The Abbey retained until 1791 its censives in Puybegon, convex, Saint-Gauzens and Graulhet.

Castle of Lézignac
Crédit photo : (Castle of Lézignac, graulhet)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Castle of Lézignac, Religious bought property in arched in 1231-1260, and gave them to cens to various individuals. They were also in Saint-Gauzens, that they were recognized in 1618. Their possessions in Graulhet were very considerable, and consisted in the field of Lésignac with Castle and mill. graulhet, tarn

Location and general information

  • identifier : 132810
  • item : Château de Lézignac
  • Location of the building :
    • Midi-Pyrénées
    • Graulhet
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 81105
  • Zip code of the municipality : 81300
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : castle
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 4 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 13th century
    • 15th century
    • 16th century
    • 18th century
  • Date of protection : 1977/03/01 : inscrit MH
  • Date taken into account : 1993/08/30

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :7 parts of the building are subject to protection and are listed as follows :
    • stairs
    • fireplace
    • elevation
    • roofing
    • pigeonhole
    • path
    • balustrade
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : property of a private person 1992
  • Detail :
    • Façades et toitures du château et du pigeonnier
    • escalier avec sa rampe à balustrades
    • cheminée de la grande salle du rez-de-chaussée et celle du premier étage (cad. A 227, 225) : inscription par arrêté du 1er mars 1977
  • Mérimée reference : PA00095566

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Utilisateur anonyme says of the history of this building :

Vicomte De-Martrin-De-Donos-Durban, propriétaire depuis 1972.

l'honneur de Lézignac, appartenez aux abbés de l'ancienne abbaye de candeïl (Labéssière-Candeïl) d"truite sous la révolution.Le château de Lézignac,& son moulin du XVème siècles, fut érigé en honneur, pour des raison fiscale de l'époque; c'est pourquoi, se n'est pas un château au sens propre du therme ni son moulin/dadou, site classé depuis 1943,(+) le château, lui est classé à l'I.S.M.H, depuis 1973.

-(+)1943- sous la IVème République (Vichy), en zone libre les A.B.F n'exisstant pas encorre, tous les monuments historiques, ont étés classés d'office à se que l'ont à appeler autrefois le Ministere de la culture. Mr André Malreaux, à été le 1er a se soucier du devenir & de la protection des chez d'hoeuvres en périls; à cette occasion il cré les architectes des batiments de france, dit A.B.F. sous la Vème, et c'est donc à lui qu'une LOI dit MALREAUX, (devait en principe sauver & protégé ses vieilles batisses!!!).Malheureusement, les maires de ses communes riches en patrimoinnes, suivant leurs couleurs politiques se servent de leurs pouvoirs  derrières les A.B.F d"partementaux, qui, eux mêmes ouvrent le parapluie, poue s"en déffendre...?, cela n'à pas enpécher à Lézignac, de construire une tour à béton de 40 m de h, à moins de 150 m du moulin & 225 m du château (sic).

son classés les quatres fascades du château, sa toiture, sa rampe d'escalier, la cheminée du grand-salon.

son pigonier du XVIIème.

le moulin à eau avec la chute, et ses berges du XIVème siècles.

son parc de 7ha49a89ca; posséde des cédres du Liban,des magnolias, des arbres de judés & et divers essences méridionnales etc.. lilas & autres font le bonheurs des mal-appris...

sur la route de ST-Jacques, Lézignac étaient une des étapes, en tant qu'annexe de l'abbaye, le porche d'entrer de la cour l'attesste par une coquille sculté sur la voute du portail.

c'est aujourd'hui une Fondation, (Fondation MARTRIN-DONOS-DURBAN), adresse B.P 136 GRAULHET 81300 (Tarn) France

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Photo de Chatane est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Castle of Lézignac to Graulhet. Picture of Chatane
Château de Lézignac, graulhet
Castle of Lézignac to Graulhet. Picture of Chatane
Château de Lézignac, graulhet

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.