Moulin de Saint-Angel, French Heritage monument to Salvagnac
Also known as the mill of Saint-Angel, this tapered Tower on butte artificial, built brick with rare seated stone bore the inscription 'achette in 1759', engraved on a brick sealed above the entrance door. This date, today disappeared, is recalled by a sign inside the room on the ground floor raised, equipped with two pairs of millstones. Once a pair of millstones was located on the floor, as evidenced by the suspended stairs imprints left in the masonry and openings. Around 1940, a gasoline engine replaces the wind. The mill ceases its activity a few years later in 1951. the roof and wings are remade in 1979. This mill has been consolidated at its base by a strapping iron, after the storm of December 1999.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Contributeur anonyme (Moulin de Saint-Angel, salvagnac)
Moulin de Saint-Angel, Also known as the mill of Saint-Angel, this tapered Tower on butte artificial, built brick with rare seated stone bore the inscription 'achette in 1759', (...) Moulin de Saint-Angel, French Heritage monument to Salvagnac salvagnac, tarn
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.