Manoir Saint-Nicolas said manoir de Champignol, French Heritage monument to St maur des fosses

The ministry for the culture teaches us that the locality east mentions in addition to one Saint Nicolas's Day vault in 1294.

The manor as for him is built at the 17th century, it is property of princes de Conde whose southern buildings are destroyed before 1841 (date of the old land register).

One little to see a home in edge of the Marne demolished after 1900 gift alone remains the porch flanks of two buildings truncate.

It is sometimes strong can convenient find information concerning a building has nonmilitary or religious vocation in the old literature. however by crossing the locality of St-Maur-of-pits with Saint Nicolas's Day and champignol, one finds a book of before the revolution which gives us more information on the possible origins of these names. it mentions moreover its sources what will allow can be to further push the research, which would exceed the framework strict of this seen manor. Here is a significant extract

History of Maur saint, abbot of Glanfeuil

By Dom A.J. Ansart, Religious Benedictine of the Congregation of Maur Saint, & Literary Company of Arras

The Pierre Abbot probably died in 1285; because one sees on the Register of the Room of the Accounts of Paris a permission demandee with the King Philippe IV to elect another Abbot.

Jean II joins together the votes in his favour. It was of its time that the devotion of the People for Maur Saint increased considerably. The Princes followed the example of the multitude. Alphonse, Count de Poitiers & of Toulouse, bequeathed by his Will, for a lamp in front of the body of Saint Maur, the sum of thirty grounds sitting on Prevote of the La Rochelle: but the King being has Fontainebleau in December 1290, allowed that this sum was taken fur Prevote of Paris. (Hist. of the Diocese of Paris, Tom. 5. pag. 118.)

I believe duty to report has this article what one reads in the life of Saint-Maur, of the composition of the Carmelite friar quotes in my Prefaces. He speaks there, quotes a manuscript of which he does not say the old one, of a habit that one attribuoit has Saint Babolen; has to know, that this Saint alloit to recite of Pseaumes in the river every night on three large stones. I did not scais if this tradition seroit come from the remainders only one voyoit of a Bridge that one appelloit with the twelfth & thirteenth centuries the Bridge Olin, Pons Olini. Somebody will have believed that it etoit to mean Pons Babolini: unless it is not all the opposite, & that of Pons Baboleni one did not make Pons Olini; or this pouvoit to be remainders of a sluice which auroit be on the Marne close to Isle to the Game preserve. Because it is learned, by a nonsuspect act, that in 1294 the Merchants Maronniers de Marne complained about what the Monks of Maur Saint swage destroyed this sluice which them servoit, disoient, with navigation. (Life of Saint Maur 1640. Cart. pits, pag. 41. Hist. of the Diocese of Paris Tom. 5. pag. 161.)

Find that in 1296 a Hamlet locates on the Game preserve portoit the name of That (Villa, of That) what can come from what some Monks of the Pits seroient there withdraw to carry out a solitary life. The Geographers vary on the name of a small Canton of the Peninsula with respect to Champigny and which is Parish of the Game preserve. The ones call it Champigne, other Champigot, others finally Champignot, putting a Vault of Saint Nicolas at it; but its true name must be Champignelle, because in a title of the year 1294 it is thus calls, and of the same in the act of acquisition which was made there of two mazures by a Bishop of Brieuc Saint. (Hist. of the Diocese of Paris, Tom. 5. pag. 160 & 161).

Source: History of Maur saint, abbot of Glanfeuil By Andre Joseph Ansart, St.Maur in 1772

Note of the Webmaster: Most of the orthography of origin is conservee, only some final improvements one made to return the reading of this text as old easier French (mainly f/s)

Manoir Saint-Nicolas said manoir de Champignol
Crédit photo : (Manoir Saint-Nicolas said manoir de Champignol, st maur des fosses)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Manoir Saint-Nicolas said manoir de Champignol, Locality mentioned in 1294 and a St. Nicholas Chapel. Manor house built in the 17th century. Property of the princes of Condé, whose southern buildings are (...) Manoir Saint-Nicolas said manoir de Champignol, French Heritage monument to St maur des fosses st maur des fosses, val de marne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 151434
  • item : Manoir Saint-Nicolas dit manoir de Champignol
  • Location of the building :
    • Ile-de-France
    • Val-de-Marne
    • Saint-Maur-des-Fossés
  • Address : 28 quai de Champignol
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 94068
  • Zip code of the municipality : 94100
  • Order in the communal list : 70
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : manor
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : remains

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • The building dates mainly from the period : 17th century
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date taken into account : 1990/03/23

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • This construction is mainly composed of coating
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 5 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • sprocket cover
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is flat tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
  • Stairs :
    • A staircase has been cataloged in this monument is of type : stairs in work-
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'sculpture'
  • Representation :
    • the only ornament listed is 'coat of arms'
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 8 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • court
    • well
    • dovecote
    • garden
    • agricultural portions
    • chapel
    • by
    • share
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : subject type weapons of the princes of Condé private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Férault Marie-Agnès
  • Mérimée reference : IA00059551

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Ile-De-France98, rue de Charonne 75011 Paris - 01.56.06.51.00

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de PASCAL DEHAIS est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by PASCAL DEHAIS :

Bonjour,

 

Je suis Mr Dehais le propriétaire du manoir au 28 quai de champignol à la varenne st hilaire. Je vous fait parvenir la photo du manoir avant rénovation afin de compléter vos fiches. Par ailleurs si vous avez des documents concernant ce manoir, je vous remercie de me le faire savoir par retour de mail ou par téléphone. 

Bien cordialement

Pascal DEHAIS AU 06 09 ** ** ** (note du webmaster : numéro téléphonique effacé pour raison de confidentialité) EMAIL : P.DEHAIS@ASKIT.FR

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.