The Castle, consisting of two groups of buildings (the old Castle and the new Castle) was built from a small residence of Foulques D'agoult, Lord of Lourmarin. The old Castle, from the old building, from 1495 to 1525 * the Castle nine, by Blanche de Lévis for his son François from D'agoult, page François Ier, from 1526 to 1567 * the garden was built in 1562. At the beginning of the 17th century, it passed into the hands of François de Lesdiguières, who in 1637 a description of site piece by piece. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the castle was abandoned by its successive owners until its acquisition in 1921 by Lyon industrialist Robert Lawrence-Vibert * It does restore by the architect Henri Pacon and the painter Charles Martel. On his death in 1925, Laurent Vibert bequeaths the castle to the Academy of Aix, which ensures maintenance and receives each year groups of young artists.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : olivierp54 (Castle, lourmarin)
Castle, The Castle, consisting of two groups of buildings (the old Castle and the new Castle) was built from a small residence of Foulques D'agoult, Lord of Lourmarin. (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to Lourmarinlourmarin, vaucluse
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.