Lighthouse of thatch (establishment of maritime signalling No. 1015/000), French Heritage monument to Les sables d olonne
-Architectural description: height above sea level: 36 General m.Taille: 27.50 m.Hauteur focal length: 25.60 m.Description: square with Corbel arches at the top, Tower crenellated smooth masonry on the northwest sides and South and masonry stonework on the East face. Fortified. Lot 337 m2. - Technical Description: 1st optical: CA. 1794: white fixed light 3 reflectors Lenoir and lamps to airflow on an angle of 150 °.Other Optics: 16 October 1862: fire white 4th order lens fixed 0.25 m. 1934: white light (2-1) occulting every 12 seconds. Focal length 0.25 m, 3/4.Combustibles horizon lens: vegetable oil: mineral 1794.Huile: to 1875.Electrification: 1934.Automatisation: 1994 (telecontrol SERPE).-current status: on the terrace of the Tower: turret circular Ø 2.30 masonry of stone topped with a lantern o2 m octagonal plan glazing. RADIUS 1 m on a 0,927 Mr. footprint dome topped with a ball and a wind vane. Optical horizon 360 ° of focal length 0.25 m on a metal support. Lamp halo 90w. Fixed light 3 grouped occulting. Siren of mist at the end of the tip (stopped for a period of one year a trial in October 2001) a first lighthouse is mentioned in the 13th century under the name of 'the Masson stone Lighthouse' or 'stubble pharaillon' but it seem it's a bitter sometimes lights up the night. It is still recalled in 1594 during the capture of the city by protestants. The ignition was very episodic. His remains were 'storm suddenly from canon in 1769 and 1792, to extract the stone that was used in the pavement of the new marshes, which were established around this time'. The Tour of Arundel was part of the former Castle of the stubble that was the residence of the Governors of the city. Originally, the tower had no fire but a letter patent of 1593 reported D'olonne Lord could collect some fees for maintenance of a lantern. During the erection of the parish of sands, in 1622 by cardinal Richelieu, the Lord of Olonne even insisted on giving and founded 50 pounds of pension to the new parish priest, annuity mortgaged on the law of the thatched fire. On August 23, 1702, the right is established in five soils/ton for any vessel entering or leaving the port sand except for those of 80 tons or more that had to pay 15 pounds. A lantern fitted with four links of iron with a glass kept a 'burning lamp with large Wicks' to serve as a guide for the vessels. A decree of the Council of the King made on 14 March 1758 confirms the rights. The tower is sold as national property in 1794. It is then used by the leading service that establishes a small lantern, built by the engineer Mequin serving building at its Summit. In 1827 - 1828 Plantier engineer installs new reflectors in the Lantern. The tower was purchased by the State on April 15, 1835. It was fully rebuilt in its present form in 1855 by entrepreneurs Touchard and Haguais (award of May 5, 1855).
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : JOJO 4/9 (Lighthouse of thatch (establishment of maritime signalling No. 1015/000), les sables d olonne)
Lighthouse of thatch (establishment of maritime signalling No. 1015/000), -Architectural description: height above sea level: 36 General m.Taille: 27.50 m.Hauteur focal length: 25.60 m.Description: square with Corbel arches at the (...) Lighthouse of thatch (establishment of maritime signalling No. 1015/000), French Heritage monument to Les sables d olonne les sables d olonne, vendee
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.