Mill wheat, Foulon, sawmill and flour mill, French Heritage monument to Saulge

First workshop from 1857 to 1 square floor covered with a roof long wrench to polygonal rump slate
* building of reception of the laundry on the ground floor, a roof long wrench to hilltops covered in Slate. old mill Foulon rebuilt in the years 1930 to 3 square floors covered with a roof long sided slate wheat and fulling mill, built on the site of a mill paper 3-wheel hydraulic built in 1603 and authorized by Henri IV, rebuilt after a fire in 1857. In 1881, Leonard Piaux installs in the fulling mill a carderie, a dry cleaners and a spinning. Next are grouped a sawmill, a mill at tan and wheat. Spinning ceases his activity in 1909. In 1918, it is a mill owned by Mr. Beaugier and Magnon, which is subsequently converted flour mill. Then, an industrial laundry held by René Mahieu moved there in 1927, equipped with machines for washing, ironing and glazing of the linen from the surrounding cities of Poitiers and Châtellerault. The old mill fuller on the side is then partially rebuilt. Then, takes place the bagging of flour made in the grands moulins de Montmorillon. Any industrial activity ceased in 1969, and the buildings are either demolished, is converted into housing.In 1931, the laundry has a 30 HP hydraulic force replaced by electricity in the event of low water.In 1931, the laundry employs 40 people

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Mill wheat, Foulon, sawmill and flour mill
(Mill wheat, Foulon, sawmill and flour mill, saulge)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Mill wheat, Foulon, sawmill and flour mill, First workshop from 1857 to 1 square floor covered with a roof long wrench to polygonal rump slate; building of reception of the laundry on the ground floor, a (...) Mill wheat, Foulon, sawmill and flour mill, French Heritage monument to Saulge saulge, vienne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 141480
  • item : Moulin à Blé, Moulin à Foulon, Scierie, Minoterie
  • Location of the building :
    • Poitou-Charentes
    • Saulgé
  • Address : , 49 avenue du Moulin des Dames
  • Place name : le Moulin des Dames
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 86254
  • Zip code of the municipality : 86500
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 5 names :
    • mill
    • Grist Mill
    • fulling mill
    • sawmill
    • mill
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1857
  • Investigation : 1995
  • Date taken into account : 1996/03/29

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 2 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • coating
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 6 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • polygonal hipped
    • sprocket cover
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 3-storey square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 3 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • shelter
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : home

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Picture : 719ed44e2e1f438b60054a5bf77e5923.jpg
  • Author of the survey MH : Pouvreau Pascale
  • Mérimée reference : IA86000090

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Poitou-Charentes - Service chargé de l'inventaire102, Grand'Rue - BP 553 86020 Poitiers Cedex - 05.49.36.30.30


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.