Factory known as tinplate Manufacture Royal de Fer Blanc, then company Falatieu and co., called hardware factory company of nail, the Manufacture of bath, then plant linked to the work of wood (clog). currently SARL la Manufacture de Bains, French Heritage monument to Bains les bains

Industrial site served by special way. Ferblanterie authorized in 1733 to the benefit of Georges Puton, Jean-François and Claude Coster Jean-Baptiste Villiez. Manor House (B) (the letter in parentheses relate to a plan in the complete inventory folder), accommodation of workers (H) start 2nd quarter 18th century, including the Chapel (A) in 1735 (dated by source). Family Vallet owner in 1742
* (c) clerk housing, housing for workers (D) 2nd half 18th century, halle charcoal (N) in 1779, bears the date, worker (j) in 1798 and 1799, door housing the date. Family Falatieu owner in 1777
* Foundry (V), housing workers (E and G) and Foreman (F) 1st half 19th century. Channel rebuilt in 1800, (K, l, m) manufacturing workshops in 1832, metallic (Q) in 1836, the date. Workers (J) housing lying of a span. In 1843 became the company Falatieu and company. store (P), stables and accommodation for workers (S), oven and workers (T) built housing, workshops (W, X, Y) converted workers housing 2nd half 19th century. Coal (N) Hall rebuilt in 1859, bears the date. The factory converted into nails and becomes company of the nail of the Manufacture of bath
* after 1914 adding a clog. Roof of the workshop (K) converted shed 2nd quarter 20th century. End of activities in 1951. Currently seat of the SARL Manufacture of Bains.Existence of a Fund of private archives.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

factory known as tinplate Manufacture Royal de Fer Blanc, then company Falatieu and co., called hardware factory company of nail, the Manufacture of bath, then plant linked to the work of wood (clog). currently SARL la Manufacture de Bains

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

factory known as tinplate Manufacture Royal de Fer Blanc, then company Falatieu and co., called hardware factory company of nail, the Manufacture of bath, then plant linked to the work of wood (clog). currently SARL la Manufacture de Bains, « factory known as tinplate Manufacture Royal de Fer Blanc, then company Falatieu and co., called hardware factory company of nail, the Manufacture of bath, then plant linked to the work of wood (clog). currently SARL la Manufacture de Bains » is a construction of the city of Bains les bains (France, Vosges). Factory known as tinplate Manufacture Royal de Fer Blanc, then company Falatieu and co., called hardware factory company of nail, the Manufacture of bath, then plant linked to the work of wood (clog). currently SARL la Manufacture de Bains, French Heritage monument to Bains les bains bains les bains, vosges

Location and general information

  • identifier : 143483
  • item : usine de ferblanterie dite Manufacture Royale de Fer Blanc, puis Société Falatieu et Cie, puis usine de quincaillerie dite Société des Clouteries de la Manufacture de Bains, puis usine liée au travail du bois (saboterie) ; actuellement SARL la Manufacture de Bains
  • Location of the building :
    • Lorraine
    • Vosges
    • Bains-les-Bains
  • Place name : la Manufacture
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 88029
  • Zip code of the municipality : 88240
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • plant
    • tin factory
  • State : The building had 2 different states :
    • restored
    • abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 8 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • 2nd quarter 18th century
    • Second half 18th century
    • 19th century
    • First half 19th century
    • Second half 19th century
    • 20th century
    • 2nd quarter 20th century
  • Years :
    • 1733
    • 1779
    • 1798
    • 1800
    • 1832
    • 1836
    • 1859
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date of protection : 1988/02/04 : inscrit MH partiellement
  • Date taken into account : 2004/06/04

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 6 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
    • sandstone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 7 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • arrow square
    • shed
    • half-hipped
    • shed
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 4 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • hollow tile
    • flat tile
    • mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • A mode of coverage listed 'vault'
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • 2 storey square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Building containing : Ensemble métallurgique
  • Interest of the building : Caractère d'ensemble du site bien lisible dans le paysage
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use : This building has been used in different ways over time. We know 2 successive uses. :
    • plant related to woodworking
    • plant hardware

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property © lorraine region
  • Details : façades et toitures des bâtiments ainsi que le canal : inscrit partiellement par arrêté du 4 février 1988.
  • Author of the survey MH : Malinverno Bruno
  • Mérimée reference : IA88000329

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.