Spinning of Vincey (former), French Heritage monument to Portieux

See also:?electric factory of vincey.

In 1890, the construction of a large spinning mill starts along the channel of the East and the railway line Nancy-Epinal in edge of the trunk road 57 (in the year 2000 secondary road 57 because a fast track circumvents the country and is it which bears from now on the name of main road 57). The spinning mill of Portieux-Vincey is consisted of two buildings (Vincey 1 and 2) thus architecture with English is remarkable. It is the first of the kind in the Vosges. In 1897, the imagery PILGRIM has Epinal is conceived in the same English style.

This company belongs to the Cotonniere Company of the East dirigee in 1913, by Sirs Hake-Lings, Grandgeorges, F.B. Ross er G. Large of Manchester like Dumaret and Sonnery of Lyon. At the same time the capital of this company is of three franc million.

Source (and continuation): to see www.verreriedeportieux.fr

Spinning of Vincey (former)
Crédit photo : (Spinning of Vincey (former), portieux)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Spinning of Vincey (former), « Spinning of Vincey (former) » is a construction of the city of Portieux (France, Vosges). Spinning of Vincey (former), French Heritage monument to Portieux portieux, vosges

Location and general information

  • identifier : 144120
  • item : Filature dite de Vincey (ancienne)
  • Location of the building :
    • Lorraine
    • Portieux
  • Place name : Pré-le-Noyer
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 88355
  • Zip code of the municipality : 88330
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : spinning
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 4 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
    • 20th century
    • 1st quarter 20th century
  • Years :
    • 1892
    • 1903
  • Date of protection : 1991/10/22 : inscrit MH
  • Date taken into account : 1993/11/03

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Interest of the building : Inscription 13 03 1991 (arrêté) annulée ; Filature à l'anglaise ; Commanditée par la Société Cotonnière de l'Est ; Rachetée par Boussac en 1937
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :4 parts of the building are subject to protection and are listed as follows :
    • elevation
    • roofing
    • plant
    • textile factory
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other : 2 various other information are available
    • owned by a private company
    • property of a private person 1992
  • Details : Façades et toitures (cad. C 241, 242, 248 à 251, 253, 256, 263, 264, 266 à 268) : inscription par arrêté du 22 octobre 1991
  • Mérimée reference : PA00107339

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de joseph est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by joseph :

Usine de la Société Cotonnière de l'Est à Vincey

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Spinning of Vincey (former), French Heritage monument to Portieux. Picture of Joseph
Filature dite de Vincey (ancienne), portieux
Description of this building by Joseph :

Filature de Vincey : COMPTOIR DE L'INDUSTRIE COTONNIÈRE -CIC

Vue sur l'usine de la Société Cotonnière de l'Est , carte postale datée du 31/08/1918.

Joseph says of the history of this building :

Notice historique :
En 1917, Marcel Boussac transforme sa première société, le Comptoir de l'industrie cotonnière (CIC, créé en 1911), en société anonyme dont il est administrateur unique. La société a pour objet l'achat, la vente et la transformation de toutes matières textiles. Un certain nombre d'usines, parmi les plus importantes des Vosges, passent dès 1917-1918 sous son contrôle, ainsi que la plus grande chemiserie de France (Établissements parisiens Rousseau), dont Marcel Boussac a repris la majorité des actions.

De 1920 à 1925, Marcel Boussac se consacre à l'organisation du CIC, ainsi qu'à celle des Manufactures de Senones achetées en 1920. Le CIC se spécialise d'abord dans le traitement de l'écru (filature, tissage, teinture en fil et en bourre, apprêt, grattage), puis étend sa production à la couleur et à l'imprimé ; ses activités recouvrent aussi la confection (chemiserie, bleus de travail) et la vente de tissus (chaîne "A la toile d'Avion") ; dans les années 1920 la société commence aussi à s'intéresser à des textiles autres que le coton : soie, rayonne (prise de parts dans les sociétés Viet et Soie Vauban). Elle a des intérêts en Extrême-Orient (approvisionnement en caoutchouc, plantations de coton) et, dès 1921, sonde le marché polonais.

Dans les années 1940, le CIC est locataire de quatre usines ou groupes d'usines, situés dans les Vosges : les filatures de Thaon, les filatures et tissages de Nomexy, les anciens établissements Ziegler, la filature de Vincey (Société cotonnière de l'Est). Il a pour consignataires généraux la chaîne "A la toile d'Avion" et le Comptoir du textile à Paris, la manufacture de confection de Châteauroux, la Société textile des Vosges, la manufacture de Blainville en Meurthe-et-Moselle, les anciens établissements Touron à Troyes, les anciens établissements Jalla, la maison Tremblot-Matheron et l'ancienne maison Dehesdin et fils à Paris ; le CIC contrôle aussi la manufacture d'impression de tissus de Wesserling en Alsace. Une augmentation de capital (émission de 80 000 actions de 500 F) a lieu en 1943.

En 1947, le CIC devient une SARL au capital de 950 millions de francs, avec pour actionnaire unique M. Boussac, et prend le contrôle de 40 filiales manufacturières, dont les Manufactures de Senones. Son histoire se confond alors avec celle du groupe Boussac.

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Spinning of Vincey (former), French Heritage monument to Portieux. Picture of Utilisateur anonyme
Filature dite de Vincey (ancienne), portieux

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.