Metallurgical plant, now closed, French Heritage monument to Vrecourt

Impoundment: stone Weir. industrial warehouse: everything, mechanical tile
* foreman housing: top floor, everything, mechanical tile
* housing for workers: basement. Metallurgical factory established on the site of an old mill from 1702 to 1708 by Charles François Labbé, comte de Beauffremont, Lord of Vrécourt. Home of foreman of the 18th century. Workshops powered by a canal, moved in the mid-18th century, powered by a restraint. In 1785, the plant comprises: 1 blast furnace, 2 refinery fires, 1 boiler room, 1 foundry, Les halles, the clerk housing, housing for workers. A workshop of wire is installed at the end of the 18th century. Sold as national property in 1793 to Claude - Thomas Falatieu, it ceases once its activities in 1806. Production plants and blast furnace demolished in 1807
* Charles Joseph Hocquard bought the factory on November 3, 1810. Blast furnace, fabrication shop, industrial warehouse and workers housing reconstructed from 1825 to 1828 (dated by source). In 1829 (dated by source), installation of a washing and crushing area area. Cessation of metallurgical activity in 1848
* converted into a farm. Foreman expanded and partially came in the 2nd half 19th century housing.In 1785: 20 workers in the factory
* 1840s: more than 50 workers inside and outside the factory.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

metallurgical plant, now closed

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

metallurgical plant, now closed, Impoundment: stone Weir. industrial warehouse: everything, mechanical tile; foreman housing: top floor, everything, mechanical tile; housing for workers: (...) Metallurgical plant, now closed, French Heritage monument to Vrecourt vrecourt, vosges

Location and general information

  • identifier : 144387
  • item : Usine métallurgique, actuellement ferme
  • Location of the building :
    • Lorraine
    • Vosges
    • Vrécourt
  • Place name : le Fourneau
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 88524
  • Zip code of the municipality : 88140
  • Order in the communal list : 2
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • metallurgical plant
    • plant
  • State : The building had 2 different states :
    • revised
    • abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 5 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • 1st quarter 18th century
    • 19th century
    • 2nd quarter 19th century
    • Second half 19th century
  • Years :
    • 1825
    • 1829
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date taken into account : 2004/06/04

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • half-hipped
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • mechanical tile
    • asbestos cement roofing
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • floor height
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 11 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • basin
    • housing
    • industrial warehouse
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • shelter
    • housing foreman
    • impoundment
    • oven
    • blast furnace
    • refinery
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : farm

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property © lorraine region
  • Author of the survey MH : Malinverno Bruno
  • Mérimée reference : IA88000310

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.