Metallurgical plant, now closed, French Heritage monument to Vrecourt
Impoundment: stone Weir. industrial warehouse: everything, mechanical tile
* foreman housing: top floor, everything, mechanical tile
* housing for workers: basement. Metallurgical factory established on the site of an old mill from 1702 to 1708 by Charles François Labbé, comte de Beauffremont, Lord of Vrécourt. Home of foreman of the 18th century. Workshops powered by a canal, moved in the mid-18th century, powered by a restraint. In 1785, the plant comprises: 1 blast furnace, 2 refinery fires, 1 boiler room, 1 foundry, Les halles, the clerk housing, housing for workers. A workshop of wire is installed at the end of the 18th century. Sold as national property in 1793 to Claude - Thomas Falatieu, it ceases once its activities in 1806. Production plants and blast furnace demolished in 1807
* Charles Joseph Hocquard bought the factory on November 3, 1810. Blast furnace, fabrication shop, industrial warehouse and workers housing reconstructed from 1825 to 1828 (dated by source). In 1829 (dated by source), installation of a washing and crushing area area. Cessation of metallurgical activity in 1848
* converted into a farm. Foreman expanded and partially came in the 2nd half 19th century housing.In 1785: 20 workers in the factory
* 1840s: more than 50 workers inside and outside the factory.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
metallurgical plant, now closed, Impoundment: stone Weir. industrial warehouse: everything, mechanical tile; foreman housing: top floor, everything, mechanical tile; housing for workers: (...) Metallurgical plant, now closed, French Heritage monument to Vrecourt vrecourt, vosges
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.