Parish Church Saint-Maclou, French Heritage monument to Conflans ste honorine
The borough of Conflans east locates extremely coquettement on Right Bank of the Seine and in stage on the hill which overhangs the river immediately. To penetrate in the center of its agglomeration, it is necessary to climb a street escarpee, bordered of old houses almost all one arrives in little time at the foot of a quadrangular keep which is the last remainder of the feudal castle said Baronie.
This remarkable building is today in a regrettable state of decay it east occupies by tenants who do not have obviously no preoccupation with a his archaeological value. It would deserve more solicitude.
What first of all draws the attention to the church of Conflans, which one meets a little beyond the keep, it is its beautiful Romance bell-tower, of second half of the 12th century. The interior also offers interest. One notices there, in addition to the hunting of holy Honorine, owner of the place, the tumulary stone of Jean de Montmorency, died in 1325. At the time or Mr. de Guilhermy wrote his invaluable collection of the inscriptions of France, this flagstone was still used for the ground of the church and was in front of the furnace bridge of Holy-Honorine one was well inspires by raising it against a pillar of collateral of left, in order to save the insult of time as much as possible to him and mud of the faithful ones. At the end of this same collateral, close to the gate, another statue of knight is seen slept on a tomb which was not made for it. Mr. de Guilhermy thinks that it represents Mathieu IV of Montmorency, died in 1304.
- Titrate: Commission of antiquities and arts of the department of Seine-et-Oise
- Editor: Stag and wire (Versailles)
- Go back to edition: 1881-1914
Transept and chorus are ribbed vaults, the nave is constructed.
The arrow situee with the top of crosses transept is out of limestone.
If a Notre-Dame church is attestee of the 876, date of arrival of the relics of Holy-Honorine has Conflans, one is not able to prove that the current parish church evening the same one.
the existence is attestee for XIIIe century by Lebeuf, which advances that the cure is with the nomination of the chancellor of the Church of Paris.
The nave, on the other hand can be datee end of the 11th sciecle if the rectangular piles are observed and modillons them masks in the roofs.
The transept crossing preserves capitals of the second quarter of the 12th century.
Capitals has hooks of the 13th century show recoveries on the level of the side arcades north and south of the chorus.
(Parish Church Saint-Maclou, conflans ste honorine)
Parish Church Saint-Maclou, The transept and the choir are vaulted with warheads, the nave preening. The crossing of the transept is surmounted by an arrow in limestone. If a church of (...) Parish Church Saint-Maclou, French Heritage monument to Conflans ste honorine conflans ste honorine, yvelines
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
église paroissiale Saint-Maclou, conflans ste honorine
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.