Castle, French Heritage monument to La boissiere ecole

All 17th century (?). Implementation without change during the 18th century except wing added to the East of the Castle. From 1853 to 1857, Gustave Legras removes the farm and rebuilt the Castle giving it a symmetrical plan. The only preserved part appears to the West Wing, former corps de logis covered. Purchase in 1879 by Olympe Heriot. Staircase marble by Georges Tersling probably after 1886. Adding after 1886, after a drawing dated, 2 wings on the ground floor. The stables were destroyed in 1945. Chapelle Sainte-Catherine destroyed around 1855

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Castle
Crédit photo : (Castle, la boissiere ecole)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Castle, All 17th century (?). Implementation without change during the 18th century except wing added to the East of the Castle. From 1853 to 1857, Gustave Legras (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to La boissiere ecole la boissiere ecole, yvelines

Location and general information

  • identifier : 126090
  • item : Château
  • Location of the building :
    • Ile-de-France
    • Yvelines
    • La Boissière-Ecole
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 78077
  • Zip code of the municipality : 78125
  • Order in the communal list : 4
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : castle
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Investigation : 1983
  • Date of protection : 1985 : inscrit MH partiellement
  • Date taken into account : 1989/06/05

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 8 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • brick
    • millstone
    • stone
    • sandstone
    • granite
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • terrace
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 3 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • floor height
    • 2 storey square
  • Stairs : 4 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • stairs in work-
    • staircase
    • staircase to return
    • staircase complex type
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'sculpture'
  • Representation : 6 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • Ionic
    • column
    • mascaron
    • caryatid
    • salamander
    • season
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'symmetrical plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Remarkable elements : escalier
  • Constituent areas : 13 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • park
    • housing
    • farm
    • garden
    • stable
    • domestic housing
    • landscaped garden
    • greenhouse
    • pond
    • manufactures garden
    • shelter
    • mill
    • by
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other : 5 various other information are available
    • support type Windows
    • subject type the 4 seasons
    • support input type
    • fireplaces type support
    • support type roof public property
  • Mérimée reference : IA00051912

Men involved in this construction

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de aet-10 est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by aet-10 :

L'école militaire enfantine Hériot, anciennement Orphelinat Hériot vue depuis l'allée d'honneur avant le paortail.

aet-10 says of the history of this building :

Le Commandant Olympe Hériot a cinquante et un ans. Il a démissionné de l'armée depuis trois ans et vit à la Boissière (Seine-et-Oise) dans son château à 17 km de Rambouillet, en pleine campagne.
Cette même année 1884, le gouvernement décide la création de six écoles militaires : Rambouillet, Saint-Hippolyte-du-Fort, Autun, BiIlom, Montreuil-sur-Mer et Les Andelys. Mais seuls, les enfants de 13 à 18 ans sont concernés. Rien n'est prévu pour les plus jeunes.
Le Commandant Hériot décide de faire construire à ses frais et sur ses terres un établissement susceptible de recevoir tous ces jeunes oubliés.
Après deux ans et demi de travaux, le 4 novembre 1886, entre le Général Boulanger, ministre de la Guerre et Monsieur Hériot, chef de bataillon d'infanterie en retraite, il a été convenu ce qui suit.
[…] Monsieur Hériot s'engage d'ores et déjà, tant pour lui que pour ses ayants droits ou héritiers, à faire don, en toute propriété au Département de la Guerre, d'un vaste établissement qu'il fera construire entièrement à ses frais, sur une partie de son domaine de la Boissière, d'une contenance de 9 hectares 60 ares. […]
L'établissement dont il s'agit sera destiné à un orphelinat exclusivement réservé à des enfants de troupe de l'armée de terre. Il sera construit pour en recevoir 160 au moins.
Monsieur Hériot se réserve le droit. pendant la durée de sa vie de disposer dans l'établissement de 10 places qu'il pourra accorder à des enfants de son choix.
Afin d'assurer le fonctionnement de l'établissement, Monsieur Hériot s'engage à prendre les mesures nécessaires pour qu'après sa mort soit versé un don de 1 million de francs qui sera employé à l'achat de rentes sur l'Etat. lesquelles seront affectées exclusivement à l'entretien des enfants et du personnel de l'établissement, ainsi qu'à celui des bâtiments et du mobilier, et ce à perpétuité...
Les soins des enfants de 5 à 9 ans seront et resteront toujours confiés à des sœurs de Charité ou de tout autre ordre religieux reconnu.
Afin de perpétuer la mémoire des bienfaits de Monsieur Hériot envers l'armée, l'orphelinat prendra et conservera dans les établissements de la Guerre le nom d'Orphelinat militaire HERIOT .
Le Ministre de la Guerre accepte au nom de l'Etat, toutes les clauses de la présente convention"

Le 10 février 1887, sous le commandement du Capitaine Magnien, ses portes s'ouvrent pour accueillir le premier "poussin" qui en franchit le seuil.
C'est le début d'une longue épopée de 80 ans qui verra plus de 4 500 fils de militaires franchirent les grilles de l'Ecole Hériot.

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.